L.A. Fuess Partners Portfolio
Allen ISD STEAM Center
111,000 sq. ft.
111,000 sq. ft.
The two-story arc shaped building was designed with separate high school STEAM and elementary/middle school experience designated entrances with the intention to provide a foundational system promoting curiosity, cultivating future-ready skills, and preparing Allen ISD students for success in STEAM-related areas. The center offers specialized spaces such as engineering and robotics labs, computer labs, computer maintenance instructional programs, science and physics labs, math classrooms, and studios for the architecture and interior design programs. Collaboration spaces, common areas, and huddle rooms are situated throughout the facility to provide a range of places for groups to collaborate on projects. Throughout the center, visibility and transparency across disciplines creates an open co-creative atmosphere that provides younger students a window to the advanced upper classes.The design integrates a rich outdoor setting, providing learning trails and ecological zones for exploration.
2021 A4LE Southern Region Summit Architectural Award Winner
Photography: Chad M. Davis
- Sherman High School
- Baylor Scott & White Administrative Center
- Midlothian ISD Dolores W. McClatchey Elementary
- Crowley ISD June W. Davis Elementary
- Gilbreath-Reed Career & Technical Center
- Bishop Lynch HS Expansion
- Round Rock ISD Cedar Ridge High School
- Frisco ISD Billy Vandeventer Middle School
- Tyler ISD Career and Technology Center
- Fort Worth ISD Rosemont Elementary School
- Jesuit Preparatory Arts & Athletics Facility
- Dallas ISD Hector Garcia Middle School